According to a daily Jang report, the present government, instead of redressing the injustices against the long suffering provinces of Sindh and Balochistan, has been committing even more discrimination against the two. It is creating more resentment in the two oppressed and subjugated provinces as people in Balochistan have waged struggle for independence while many in Sindh want to take the same route.
According to the report:
- The government has appointed 43 out of a total of 49 federal secretaries from Punjab
- All the four chief secretaries in Punjab, Sindh, Khyber Pukhtoonkhwa and Balochistan are from Punjab
- Chief Secretary of Gilgit-Baltistan and Chief Commissioner of Islamabad are also from Punjab
- The government has appointed heads of various government organizations from Punjab and officers from Punjab are appointed on major positions in those organizations/departments.
- Officers from Punjab have been appointed in Islamabad Capital Territory Authority and the Capital Development Authority.
- Similarly officers from Punjab have been appointed in Intelligence Bureau, Federal Investigation Agency, National Police Foundation, National Highways Authority, Motorways, NADRA and several other organizations.
- Seven members in the Federal Public Service Commission are also from Punjab.
- JSQM leader Bashir Qureshi had said at a public rally in Karachi on 23rd March that Sindh produces 69% of country’s gas & 75% of oil but it doesn’t have a single director among the 13 directors with the Oil & Gas Development Corporation Limited (OGDCL).
- According to him, there is not a single Sindhi General Manager either from among the 12 GMs with OGDCL.
This is the Pakistan for Sindh and Balochistan. Then they say why there are the feelings of deprivation in Sindh and Balochistan and why the people there are against Pakistan?